Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] texinfo support

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] texinfo support
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:25:34 +0200

Hi Alex,

Alex Lancaster wrote:
I'd be happy to test/work on Julian's code he mentioned above.

Great! There's one other thing related to doclets which I'd like to brush up first - a service provider interface allowing you to invoke other doclets with e.g. "-docletid texinfo" - then I'll put into CVS what I have so far. I hope that I manage to do so in the next couple of days.

For this incarnation of TexiDoclet, so far I've put an emphasis on printable output (PS, PDF) as opposed to Info format. This is not to say that it's not intended for generating Info - on the contrary - but there's quiet some work left to do before the Texinfo output can be converted to well-formatted on-screen docs.

With Fedora Core 4 coming out real soon now (test releases
are already out), it will have gjdoc built in and also GCC 4.0 which
appears to be necessary to build gjdoc from source.

No, gcc 4 is only required for the native build. You can compile and run the bytecode version using jikes and kaffe, for instance. Just specify --disable-native at configure time.

Cheers,

Julian