Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] RFC: [gjdoc] Addition of class-level type variabl

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] RFC: [gjdoc] Addition of class-level type variable support.
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:46:57 +0200

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
The attached patch adds support to gjdoc for type variables at the
class-level (e.g. List<E>, Pair<A,B>).

This looks like a great start for 1.5 support in gjdoc. As far as I am concerned, please commit.

Many thanks on behalf of all "generic Classpath" friends!

I'd like some comments before I commit this, especially as I'm new to
this code base.  This only fixes the HTML doclet, so any suggestions on
how to expand this to the others would also be appreciated.

I've been neglecting XmlDoclet since the advent of HtmlDoclet. Also, I'm not aware of any active users other than a few people playing around with it. Since it's no longer in sync with HtmlDoclet anyway, I think it's not necessary to update it at this point in time.

TexiDoclet's current incarnation is obsolete as well, I will hopefully manage to replace it in the not-so-far future. I've already got some new code on my local filesystem.

So I would say it is safe to focus on HtmlDoclet for now. We can still care about updating the other doclets at a later time.

If there are any users of XmlDoclet or TexiDoclet who would beg to differ, please step forward :)

Julian