[Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc build suggestions

From: Paul Jenner
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc build suggestions
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:37:44 +0000

Hi Julian.

A few gjdoc build suggestions from my experience of trying this prior to
0.7.1 release. Admittedly I built from CVS so not sure if these all
apply to the pre-release tarball :-)

1) antlr is not found in custom install locations. In fact the configure
check appears to only look for it in /usr/local/share/antlr* and
/usr/share/java. I have raised bug #11902 in Savannah as this looks like
it could bite people.

2) Build from CVS requires automake 1.9+ but this is not checked for in
autogen.sh. Only affects hackers who should know better (:-) but maybe
borrowing the autogen.sh from Classpath that checks this would be
useful?

3) Minor one but install for me has created an empty ${prefix}/lib
directory. Should this be created in all cases?

Hope these are useful - only the first I would consider as an issue for
users, the other two are me being over zelaous in testing :-)

Paul