Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake

From: Andrew Overholt
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:39:13 -0500

* Julian Scheid <address@hidden> [2004-11-25 14:39]:

> >1. the resources ... we should compile the txt files that gjdoc is
> >   referencing as gcj resources or something
>
> As I told Andrew on #classpath already, everything under src/resources
> should be compiled in as resources (though there might be some old,
> unused files in there ATM.)

I've got all the resources in Makefile.am now.  If this could be modified
when things are added, it would be great.

> Not sure, but perhaps the Makefile should auto-collect the resources
> just as the ant build file does? I'll probably keep adding resources and
> may rename/move/remove some of them, so it could make things easier for
> the time being.

I'm not sure if that's possible (or at least easy to do).

> >2. java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: At position 108 in regular
> >   expression pattern (in AuthorTaglet.java) [1]
>
> This seems to be a bug in Classpath's regex package. I submitted a bug
> report and committed a workaround for gjdoc to CVS.

This workaround works for me.

> >3. I/O warning : failed to load external entity "../gjdoc_common.xsl"
> >   compilation error: element include
> >   xsl:include : unable to load ../gjdoc_common.xsl
>
> I'll look into this later. It's probably related to the jar: URIs used
> for accessing the resources, and/or a problem with base URIs in gnujaxp.

This is the only issue that I have now.  I've posted a patch to classpathx
for jaxp so that it can be built with gcj in a separate directory.
Hopefully we'll get some more testers of the natively-built stuff once
that patch is applied.  Tom Fitzsimmons will add jhbuild modules for gjdoc
and I'll send instructions when they're in.

Andrew