Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 03:15:01 -0800

PS> On 23 Nov 2004, at 5:02, Alex Lancaster wrote:
>> I still don't understand why it doesn't work with JAXP (which is
>> pure Java isn't it?) when I can see the relevant classes in the
>> gnujaxp.jar file and why it seems to be checking for a shared
>> library.

PS> Alex,

PS> The current version of the XSL transformer implementation uses
PS> native classes. Chris Burdess is working on a version that
PS> doesn't.

Thanks Phil and Julian, for the responses.  I realize that it's
attempting to link to libxmlj which in turn links to libxml2/libxslt.
I guess my question really is: under what environment/toolchain does
the *current* autotooled version that Andrew checked in actually work?
Perhaps Andrew could tell the environment that worked for him.

In other words what can I do to compile this via autoconf/automake so
that it can compile with gcj?  Julian suggested I need to install the
rhug module for xerces.

Thanks,
Alex