Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc problems

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc problems
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:13:01 +0200

Mark Howard wrote:
The following exception occurs after the XML information is written
> for all the files. [...]
Factory class com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

The cause of this exception is that your environment specifies
Saxon as the default XSLT transformer, but you don't have it on
your classpath.

See this for information on how a XSLT transformer ought to be
chosen:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory.html#newInstance()
and see the GNU JAXP source code for details on how it actually
is chosen.

I think Saxon didn't work too well two months ago. You're probably
better off trying Xalan.

gjdoc -help gives:
java.lang.NullPointerException

I've got that fixed, but I upgraded my ssh suite recently and I
cannot access Savannah anymore, I'll have to sort this out first.

For now, just run gjdoc without parameters to get help. While the
usage is much more up-to-date compared to the Readme, you probably
shouldn't rely on this information too much either. Sorry to say
so, but you better dig through the feb/march cp-tools archives,
or come back to the list. It's kind of ironic, but in fact this
documentation tool isn't documented very thoroughly at the time.

Julian