Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Gjdoc 0.6.1

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Gjdoc 0.6.1
Date: 07 Mar 2003 11:22:23 -0500

Julian Scheid <address@hidden> writes:

> A new minor release of GNU Gjdoc is in CVS and brings another major
> refactoring. I'm now satisfied with the basic design and don't plan to
> make any further groundbreaking architectural changes.

The stuff in this release looks exciting!

> - supports Taglets, and includes a @copyright taglet.

Great news.  Something I can add to my todo list to fix in Classpath
source now.

> * There are three uses of XmlDoclet beyond HTML generation I
>    personally would find very useful: DocBook code generation, Info
>    code generation, and C++ JNI wrapper generation. All of these are
>    already more or less working locally (as a DocTranslet). I'll try
>    to get them finished and checked in one by one during the coming
>    weeks.
>
> Feedback is welcome!

Does the JNI wrapper mean generating javah type output?  We already
have a tool for this.  One of the things that bothers me is that
cp-tools has a number of modules I'd like to distribute together under
a single build system, i.e. a cp-tools.jar and related scripts for
example.  Do I move gjdoc into cvsroot/cp-tools/cp-tools as originally
intended or is there another solution?

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>