Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] libxmlj

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] libxmlj
Date: 08 Feb 2003 14:04:36 +0000

Julian Scheid <address@hidden> writes:

> As I briefly announced yesterday, I'll have a rudimentary JAXP wrapper
> for libxslt finished later today. This wrapper provides all XSLT
> functionality required by Gjdoc, but should be useful for other
> projects as well.
>
> Also, because it contains native code, I would like to avoid putting it
> into the Gjdoc tree as it would make the build process more complex -
> unnecessarily complex for people who don't want to use libxml2.
> Therefore I propose to create a new subproject for this wrapper.
>
> We should call it "libxmlj" or "libxml2j" so that when Nic adds
> wrappers for other parts of the library (i.e. XML parsing) they can go
> into the same subtree. I think this would be better than having both
> "libxmlj" and "libxsltj" in two different subprojects.
> I'd prefer "libxmlj" over "libxml2j" because the latter sounds like a
> conversion application.
>
> Any objections? Can I create the subproject myself, using standard CVS
> commands?

You can create a new module in the cp-tools repository using normal
CVS commands (eg: do an import to the new module name).

If you create this library here I'll probably move it to the
classpathx jaxp repository at some point. I hope to offer the libxml
version as an alternative to the pure java aelfred2.

Nic