Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Relax NG

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Relax NG
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:09:15 +0100

Alex Lancaster wrote:
An interesting tidbit on this subject, it looks like libxml2 has just
added (5 Feb) preliminary support for Relax NG:
> [...]
> So we could use continue to use libxml2 to do the validation...

Nice, that's what I call good timing! Only problem is that I would like
to switch to a JAXP-only solution, and there is no interface to
RNG-validating facilities in JAXP - at least I don't see where such
functionality could be plugged in.

On the other hand, Gjdoc XML is machine generated, so validation is not
as important as it would be for manually edited XML. I created the RNG
descriptors mainly so that the grammar is available for people who want
to postprocess/transform Gjdoc XML. I personally could live without
validation of the generated data, though I agree it would make the
software more rugged to have this feature.

Anyway, this shows that Relax NG is being adopted, which is a good
thing.

Julian