Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:25:41 +0100

Per-class copyrights could be done via Taglets - which
I'd have to implement first, though. OTOH, this is
anyway on the to-do list, and not a big deal I expect.
It would then become necessary to add a "@copyright"
tag to every source file.
Per-package copyright should be possible the same way.

As to the one-step process, I thought about that too.
Piping is not an option, however, as the full XML sources
must be available when the XSLT process starts, for
interlinking purposes. We would therefore need to work
with a temporary directory, but I assume this is no
problem.

How far is XSLT integration into Classpath? Pure-Java
XSLT is slower than Xsltproc, but gjdoc would then have
no additional dependencies aside from Classpath and
Classpathx. Use of Xsltproc could be enabled optionally.

Apropos stylesheet, a friend of mine will prepare a
new CSS sheet for gjdoc HTML output. He is a quiet
talented artist so I expect he will come up with
something nicer than my humble design.
Will he be required to sign the papers for a one-time
contribution?

I will proceed with the update in a couple of hours.

Julian

Brian Jones wrote:
Two things come to mind.  The most important is figuring out how to do
per-package and per-class copyright designation.  This is because in
Classpath we have code from various sources.  The second thing that
bothers me is that producing HTML is a two step process, somewhat
dissimilar to javadoc.  Perhaps there is some way to pipe output of
gjdoc into xsltproc?  Producing the intermediary XML is nice;
presumably one day we can just take that and combine it with a
stylesheet for publishing to the web.

Brian