Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] missing data

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] missing data
Date: 06 Oct 2002 21:51:04 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 19:35, Mark Howard wrote:
> I've been helping out with the Debian packaging of gjdoc. Currently,
> packages which use javadoc either do not go into the main Debian
> archive, or have some hideous hack done by the maintainers so that the
> javadoc html is included in the upstream source tarball. The inclusion
> of gjdoc should hopefully help out.

Good to hear. Please let us know of anything else that does/doesn't work
or isn't obvious.

> I have three problems at the moment which I have been unable to fix:
>
> 1) gjdoc.dtd is missing. This causes warnings when generating the html.
> I can't find it anywhere in classpath CVS

I have never used this and it is not in CVS at the moment.
If you use the example bin/gjdocxml2html.sh script to postprocess the
output of the xmldoclet then you want to use the --novalid flag when
invoking the xsltproc program.
(From xsltproc --help: --novalid skip the Dtd loading phase)

> 2) classpath-copyright.xml is missing, also causing lots of warnings

You can use whatever file containing XHTML you want for the copyright
param. The example file that I used when generating GNU Classpath API
docs contained:

Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.<br />
See <a href="http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/";>
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/

> 3) The output doesn't include comments, only the class/method names and
> parameter/return types.
> Is this a known problem? How can I debug this?

Could you show an small example java source file and the generated xml
file? It should contain all doc comments.

Success,

Mark