Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian
Date: 13 Aug 2002 11:03:39 +0100

Grzegorz Prokopski <address@hidden> writes:

> W liā•¤cie z wto, 13-08-2002, godz. 11:13, address@hidden
> pisze:
> > In answer to the original questioner: I think you'll probably only
> > have to package gnu.bytecode, it's the package used to do all the
> > .class manipulation (it actually comes with it's own version of
> > javap).
> >
> > Just extract the package from the kawa jar.
> Please read my mail carefuly. I said I fetched current kawa.jar and
> cp-tools code doesn't find functions it should find in kawa.jar.
> So packaging a subset of incompatible classes won't make them
> compatible.
>
> Is my english so bad? [peeking at my original message]
> I thought build log spoke for itself.

I didn't see your original mail. I get about 1000 messages so it's
easy to lose stuff. All I saw was Alex's reply.

> Again:
> It seems gnu.bytecode.* interface changed. That causes cp-tools are
> unusable (at least with current code from kawa).
> Is anyone in a position of fixing it?

You should try using the stable release available from the kawa ftp
site or the webpage. I can mail it to you if you want.

I'm fairly sure that the cp-tools were written against that.

We need a decent build and I have been working on one, however, I
haven't had any time to finish it (and neither has anyone else!).

Any more problems, let me know.

Nic