Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian
Date: 13 Aug 2002 10:13:56 +0100

Alex Lancaster <address@hidden> writes:

> GP> Hello!  It is a bit longer story (see
> GP> http://bugs.debian.org/156407 ) but I'd like to package cp-tools
> GP> part of cp-tools: javah, javap and serialver.  I see I will have
> GP> to also package kawa - let it be (ah - those neverending
> GP> dependencies ;-)
>
> GP> For tests I fetched kawa-1.6.99.jar and while I am trying to
> GP> compile (using jikes + gnu classpath + kawa.jar as classpath) I am
> GP> getting:
>
> [...]
>
> I take it that you are using the CVS versions of these right?
>
> GP> Is anyone maintaining this code? Can I count on that it will be
> GP> fixed in resonable time? (I ask because it seems that last change
> GP> to *.java files I am intersted in - was done 9 months ago)
>
> Brian Jones is the author of those classes (and is also one of the
> project admins for Classpath proper), and I think he's subscribed to
> this list, so hopefully he'll have an answer for you.

Brian is on sabbatical and so may not be listening.

In answer to the original questioner: I think you'll probably only
have to package gnu.bytecode, it's the package used to do all the
.class manipulation (it actually comes with it's own version of
javap).

Just extract the package from the kawa jar.

Nic.