[Cp-tools-discuss] Link to other documentation tree

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Link to other documentation tree
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 04:43:53 +0200

Mark Wielaard wrote:
There are probably more. It would be nice if we could link them together
without needing to get all source files and putting them in one
directory. So you could have one file that lists the base URL of
'missing' classes/packages.

You can now pass a parameter "refdocs1" to the XSLT sheet like this:

---- SNIP -----

bin/gjdocxml2html.sh xmldocs-java.lang htmldocs-java.lang
cp -R htmldocs-java.lang to-some-webserver

bin/gjdocxml2html.sh xmldocs-java.util htmldocs-java.util \
        --param refdocs1 "'http://www.foo.com/htmldocs-java.lang'"

# -> java.util docs will have links to to java.lang docs

(note the "'double quoting'" of the refdocs1 parameter; this is
necessary)

When refdocs1 is specified, The XSLT sheet will try to access
http://www.foo.com/htmldocs/descriptor.xml and complain when it is not
found. If found it will include the docs at this location when resolving