[Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Patch Manager

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Patch Manager
Date: 08 May 2002 20:09:07 -0700

JS> Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> I have uploaded all my outstanding patches.

JS> Thanks for that! This patch manager is a good thing, but I wonder
JS> why you don't just use CVS access.  All your suggestions look fine
JS> so far - so, if you are really unsure about one of your future
JS> fixes you may want to add a patch, but otherwise I say just work
JS> on the CVS tree and keep us up-to-date about your doings. In the
JS> worst case we can step back one revision.

I think it would be great to have Mark work on the code, a motivated
interested hacker!  So I see from looking on savannah that he's
already a member (username 'mark'), and a classpath developer, which
means that he's probably cleared all the legal (C) assignment to the
FSF hurdles for classpath (of which cp-tools is a subset...), so we
can just add him as a project developer.

Can you confirm the (C) assignment issue, Mark, then I'll just add you
as a project developer, and you can commit all your own patches to CVS
and close them in the Patch Manager... ;-)

JS> Note that I'll work on (patched) Gjdoc tomorrow for a couple of
JS> hours and will try to do frequent checkins. You may want to keep
JS> an eye on address@hidden Let me know if you also play
JS> with it tomorrow, if you do we should avoid fixing the same bug
JS> twice.

OK.

Alex
--