Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] shape of the CVS

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] shape of the CVS
Date: 21 Feb 2002 15:56:15 -0800

NF> Did you guys agree on a CVS configuration?  I was suggesting:

NF>  cvsroot/ cp-tools/ texidoclet/ README INSTALL COPYING src/ gnu/
NF> texidoclet/ gjdoc/ README INSTALL COPYING src/ gnu/ gkjdoc/ gjh/

I was going to suggest much the same as this, but with the exception
of the "src" directory.  I'd rather stick with classpath's structure
(i.e. put the package namespace such as "gnu" at the top-level) until
such time as we all decide to switch, i.e.:

 cvsroot/
    cp-tools/
       texidoclet/
          README
          INSTALL
          COPYING
          gnu/
            classpath/
              tools/
                doclets/
                  texidoclet/
                    *.java
       gjdoc/
          README
          INSTALL
          COPYING
          gnu/
            classpath/
              tools/
                gjdoc/
                    *.java
       gjh/
          README
          gnu/
            classpath/
              tools/
                *.java

Where *.java just represents the place where those projects happen to
currently have Java source, not that they couldn't have source
elsewhere in their own hierarchies.

Otherwise, no complaints.

NF> The contents of the src directories is just an example but I think
NF> you should express the full package structure there.

Gotcha, I figured that, I just went ahead and made it explicit in the
above example, just to be sure.

NF> I really recommend that this be done, it will make life much
NF> easier for those that might come and help out (the current
NF> structure is definitely stopping me from hacking).

If the above is cool with you, it's fine with me and you can go ahead
and heavy-lifting on the shell account at subversions.  I've checked
everything I've been working on in.  Julian?

A.