adding a feature to the du util

From: Noam Yizraeli
Subject: adding a feature to the du util
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 00:02:31 +0200

Hallo,
I would like to add an option to view du output from du -sh for a certain
directory with also including hidden files and dirs. I know one could pipe
two functions to achieve that but why not include it in the original
software, I'm also aware of the -a option exists but it specifies for each
file by blowing output length instead of just including hidden files and
keeping silent (-s). Didn't see this option as a rejected feature in the
corresponding link in the ReadMe file, so that's why I'm writing this mail,
to get approved I suppose and to learn on how to go about it regarding git
actions, (I'm new to contributing to open source) so in addition I'd like
to know if I should branch from the master and then pull request back to it
or fork the entire repo of core utils? or some other option you'll see
more fit

Thanks in advance,
Noam.