sort TODO: Investigate better sorting algorithms

From: Siddharth Karandikar
Subject: sort TODO: Investigate better sorting algorithms
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 16:02:06 +0530

Hi,

I was looking at TODOs and one of the items is investigating a better
sorting algorithm for sort. It is mentioned that previous attempts of using
list merge sort resulted in more comparisons and was bottleneck.

I am interested in investigating this issue further and also try to
implement and benchmark the  merge insertion algorithm as suggested in TODO.

While searching through the archives, I couldn't find any
discussions/details about experiments done in the past and any other
observations from list merge sort implementation efforts.

Can someone point to old details if any?

Also, I am new to this list so suggestions on any other points to
consider/keep-in-mind while benchmarking such work would be really
appreciated.

Thanks,
Siddharth