Re: What timezone strings are supported by `date`?

From: Bernhard Voelker
Subject: Re: What timezone strings are supported by `date`?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 18:27:39 +0100

On 10/10/20 12:00 AM, Peng Yu wrote:
It seems that time zone string like CET, PST are supported by `date`.
But I don't find a complete list of such strings supported by `date`.
Is there a doc that describe all of them? Thanks.

The coreutils Texinfo manual e.g. says (with text coming from gnulib):

<https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/Specifying-time-zone-rules.html#Specifying-time-zone-rules>

  A TZ value is a rule that typically names a location in the ‘tz’ database
  (https://www.iana.org/time-zones). A recent catalog of location names appears
  in the TWiki Date and Time Gateway
(https://twiki.org/cgi-bin/xtra/tzdatepick.html).

and (quite often):

  See Section “Specifying the Time Zone with TZ” in The GNU C Library.

Other than that, I'd have a look at the 'timezone' (sometimes 'tz') package
installed on your local system.

Have a nice day,
Berny