Re: Does -s apply to -m in sort?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: Does -s apply to -m in sort?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:18:24 -0500

I used real files (already sorted) to test whether having -s or not
affect -m. But I have not made minimal example input files so that is
why I am not sure about my conclusion.

But the command to try is basically `sort -m -k sort_fields files...`
or `sort -s -m -k sort_fields files..`.

I assume to authors who made -m and -s. My question should be clear?

--
Regards,
Peng