Re: Show directory time as the latest time of the file in the directory

From: Steeve McCauley
Subject: Re: Show directory time as the latest time of the file in the directory (including subdirs)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:22:59 -0500

It sounds like they want the access time of the directory to be
changed to reflect changes in subdirectories as well as the current
directory, which is more a vfs issue than anything coreutils related.

Regardless I doubt the kernel filesystem code is going to be change
anytime soon to provide this kind of update to directory atime (which
would presumably go all the way up to the filesystem root).

--
:wq