Re: new snapshot available: coreutils-8.30.79-efa3e.tar.xz

From: Kamil Dudka
Subject: Re: new snapshot available: coreutils-8.30.79-efa3e.tar.xz
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:01:40 +0100

On Monday, March 4, 2019 11:18:19 AM CET Pádraig Brady wrote:
> We plan to release coreutils-8.31 in the coming week
> so any testing you can do on various different systems between now and then
> would be most welcome.
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> You can download the coreutils snapshot in xz format (5.3 MB) from:
>   https://pixelbeat.org/cu/coreutils-ss.tar.xz
>
> And verify with gpg or md5sum with:
>   https://pixelbeat.org/cu/coreutils-ss.tar.xz.sig
>   MD5 (coreutils-ss.tar.xz) = ad9c680207e266c6cb59bde2bea4a5af
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> To test follow this standard procedure:
>
>   tar -xf coreutils-ss.tar.xz
>   cd coreutils-8.30.79-efa3e/
>   ./configure && make check VERBOSE=yes
>
> Failures are reported and details are in tests/test-suite.log

I was able to build it (and run the upstream test-suite) for Fedora 28+:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/kdudka/coreutils-next/build/864469/

Our internal static analysis service sees no newly introduced potential
bugs in the source code of coreutils, compared to coreutils-8.30-9.fc30.

Looks good.

Kamil