Re: cp, ln, mv, install: check for vulnerable target directories

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: cp, ln, mv, install: check for vulnerable target directories
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 23:11:28 -0700

Paul Eggert wrote:
I am thinking of reverting my patch (at Pádraig's gentle suggestion) and coming up with a better one in the light of  recent comments. Perhaps it'll be two patches, since we have two kinds of attacks here and that's causing some of the confusion.

As I have been distracted by other matters, I just now reverted the patch on coreutils master. Although I still plan to come up with a better one at some point, I don't want coreutils master to be hanging for any longer.