Re: switch to HTTPS: URLs in Coreutils source and doc

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: switch to HTTPS: URLs in Coreutils source and doc
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:48:22 -0700

On 19/09/17 01:31, Paul Eggert wrote:
> I installed the attached patches to switch Coreutils to prefer HTTPS URLs
> when
> they work. The first patch is so long that it's compressed. The remaining
> HTTP
> URLs are for sites where I couldn't get HTTPS to work, either because they
> didn't respond or their certificates had expired.

For my reference, the http:// links in --help and man pages
will auto update to https:// when using an autoconf updated with:
https://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=autoconf.git;a=commit;h=d3dcd589
Or we could override PACKAGE_URL (temporarily) in AC_INIT as per:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2011-10/msg00051.html

p.s. syntax checks for this one are fixed in:
https://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=coreutils.git;a=commitdiff;h=a608f1e

cheers,
Pádraig