Re: Please, use --check=crc32 or switch to a safe format

From: Ariel Santana Naranjo
Subject: Re: Please, use --check=crc32 or switch to a safe format
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 23:47:10 +0100

If we change this to support busybox then that will
> not significantly improve the situation as most
> xz files will still be using the default crc64.

If changing xz's options can't fix the problem, would you re-add a
second format?  Until coreutils-8.13 the tarball was distributed in two
formats.  I think adding a second format would fix the problem for
busybox and for pristine-tar because xz seems to be the only format
affected by these problems!

> To really address the issue busybox should support crc64.

This would not fix the problem with other xz-embedded implementations.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you for your answers.

Ariel Santana.