gnu ftp mirror download statistics (was: maint: RFC: add lzip tarballs)

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: gnu ftp mirror download statistics (was: maint: RFC: add lzip tarballs)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:33:43 -0500

Hello,

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 20:24, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 20:13, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I don't know if there is any (easy) way to count how many downloads of
>> [...] But most likely that's a
>> pipe dream, as GNU encourages the use of mirrors for getting tarballs,
>> making it harder to centrally track what got downloaded where.
>
> Actually with the mirrors it's easier:
> The mirroring is done through a CGI script on a savannah machine. Once the
> transition to the new VMs is complete, I could provide some statistics.

Download statistics for gnu's ftp-mirror:
  https://download.savannah.gnu.org/ftpmirror-stats/

For example,
what is the most often downloaded coreutils version:

https://download.savannah.gnu.org/ftpmirror-stats/ftpmirror-stats-packages.html#coreutils

Comments welcomed (should be sent to address@hidden ).

regards,
  -assaf