Re: ls output changes considered unacceptable

From: Jason A. Donenfeld
Subject: Re: ls output changes considered unacceptable
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:31:11 +0100

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> Overarching generalization.  _I_ like it (even if I think it can be
> further improved), so it is _not_ a waste of time for everyone to have a
> safer default.

If you like it, great, and that's why there are options. The "cut and
paste for shell" people like you can have an option. But for the vast
and overwhelming majority of the rest of us, don't change the default.
In otherwords, put the default back how it was, and keep the new
option for nice folks like Eric who have this minority use case.