Invoke a Coreutils routine from another 'main' program

From: Zhoulai
Subject: Invoke a Coreutils routine from another 'main' program
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 07:34:39 -0700

Hi, all

I have a naive question on using Coreutils.

I am trying to invoke a coreutils function, say 'echo' from a C program. But because coreutils are made of 'main' function themselves, so I cannot write a program like

int main(int argc, char ** argv){
  //echo.main(argc,argv);
}

because it is not allowed to have two 'main' functions. Is there a workaround to invoke Coreutils via another "main" program? Thanks.

Zhoulai