timeout (GNU coreutils) 8.23 - Controls Keys Not Working

From: Tarkowski Michael (FCA)
Subject: timeout (GNU coreutils) 8.23 - Controls Keys Not Working
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 14:01:22 +0000

Hello,

I’m using the timeout (GNU coreutils) 8.23 command on RedHat 6.5 Enterprise server, and it is performing the timeout as planned.

In my scenario, the timeout command allows me to tail a log on my Putty screen for 2 minutes.  Here is the command.

./startup.sh ; timeout 120 tail -f ${LOG_HOME}/tomcat/instance1/catalina.out

Issue – while the log is being tailed on my Putty screen I cannot use my control keys.  For example, control+c does not cancel the log tail.

Note – on my other RedHat 6.5 Enterprise  servers this is not an issue but I’m using timeout (GNU coreutils) 8.4 instead of version 23.

Any suggestions on how to get the control+c to work would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Tarkowski

Sales & Marketing Application Architecture

FCA US LLC

Office: +01.248.838.4866   Mobile: +01.248.891.5097

Email:  address@hidden

Mobile Text: address@hidden