Re: coreutils FAQ link in manpages and/or --help output

From: Ondrej Vasik
Subject: Re: coreutils FAQ link in manpages and/or --help output
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:40:51 +0100

On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 09:26 +0100, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
> > On February 28, 2013 at 4:23 AM Pádraig Brady <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I've adjusted the above to only reference online resources,
> > and ensure the links are at the end of each line.
> > The result is now at http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/
>
> I like it.

Looks good, still - as it is now online, it would be good to mention the
importance of mentioning the coreutils version and distribution/system
in the bug report even in the "Getting help" section. It is quite common
the downstream patch or too old version in distribution is the culprit
of the error. This could reduce the amount of mail pingpong turnarounds
a bit.

Greetings,
         Ondrej