Another patch, for discussion tho

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Another patch, for discussion tho
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:26:45 -0700

Attached are several files, one the patch, another a derived file based on
a file that is part of the patch, and the last is the tool used to derive
the header from the mapping file.

I've had this toy kicking around for a decade or so.  If it were
part of some project, it might be libiberty or maybe gnulib or
maybe coreutils.  Uncertain what to do with it, I've kept it
basically hidden.  The idea is to specify character classes for
a particular program or group of programs and emit the classification
table.  Zack did it for GCC.  There are some ad-hoc methods in the
core utils, including fmt.  I chose fmt as the example because it
was especially trivial and would still demonstrate it.

So it's all attached for your amusement.  Probably needs a better name.

These are the four classes needed by fmt.c:

open        "(['\"" <<<<=== backtick removed, per recent discussions
close       ")]'\""
period      ".?!"
punct       "\x21-\x7E" -"a-zA-Z0-9"

Cheers - Bruce