Re: "ls -l": Avoid unnecessary getxattr() overhead

From: Sven Breuner
Subject: Re: "ls -l": Avoid unnecessary getxattr() overhead
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:49:41 +0100

Pádraig Brady wrote on 02/20/2012 11:54 AM:
On 02/20/2012 02:06 AM, Sven Breuner wrote:
Seems to be inconsistent. Some of our RHEL 6.x systems return "unlabled" on a
tmpfs:
[...]
The fhgfs result in these cases is similar to the tmpfs result: "unlabled" on
machines a/b and EOPNOTSUPP on machine c.

Strange. The only thing I can conclude from these results is that there is a
difference in the selinux configuration of these machines that is effective
even though selinux is disabled. (Just don't know where to look for that
difference to verify this assumption.)

If we assume that there is something wrong with machines a/b and all those systems
actually should be returning EOPNOTSUPP in a "normal" setup, then the current
cache implementation would work perfectly fine, of course.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking is appropriate for fhgfs.
My kernel is 2.6.32-221 BTW.

I thought the difference might be selinux=0 boot param,
versus selinux=disabled in /etc/selinux/config, but that's not significant.

I notice that mount options can give a default context.
Is that being used in your "unlabeled" cases?
I.E. are there any *context options present?

At least "mount" and "cat /proc/mounts" don't show any special options.

If you can't spot the difference, then this is a good question
for an selinux mailing list I think.

Yep :)

Best regards,
Sven