Re: Can dd cross device boundaries?

From: Francois Marier
Subject: Re: Can dd cross device boundaries?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:23:20 +1300

Thanks Pádraig, Bob and Eric for helping me rule out this possibility. It's
good to know that I was right in assuming that dd won't cross device (or
partition -- if using "of=/dev/sda1" for example) boundaries.

I'll continue looking into my problem to try and think or other things that
might have gone wrong while I was running dd.

Cheers,
Francois

--
Francois Marier                         identi.ca/fmarier
http://fmarier.org                    twitter.com/fmarier