Re: factor help message improvement

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: factor help message improvement
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 00:21:20 +0000

On 09/22/2011 05:39 PM, Loïc Le Loarer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to propose a small improvement to "factor" help message:
> indicate factor capabilities and in particular maximum input size. As
> it depends on how factor has been compiled (with or without GMP
> library), I propose the attached patch.
>
> I think it is very useful to know on a given system how factor has
> been compiled by the distribution.
>
> What do you think of that ?

+#ifdef HAVE_GMP
+      printf (_("Compiled with big numbers support using gmp version %s\n\n"),
gmp_version);
+#else
+      printf (_("Compiled without big numbers support: maximum input size
supported is %lu\n\n"), UINTMAX_MAX);
+#endif

Well I guess the same would be appropriate for expr.c.
Also perhaps only the message for the !HAVE_GMP case is required?

cheers,
Pádraig.