Re: coreutils-8.12.178-df9cd on OpenBSD 4.9

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: coreutils-8.12.178-df9cd on OpenBSD 4.9
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:42:51 +0200

Bruno Haible wrote:

>> On OpenBSD 4.9:
>> 6 of 363 tests failed
>
> FAIL: misc/sort-compress
> FAIL: misc/stdbuf
> FAIL: tail-2/wait
> FAIL: ls/infloop
> FAIL: tail-2/follow-name
> FAIL: tail-2/follow-stdin
>
> Find attached the tests/test-suite.log.

Thanks again.
In this case, at least two test failures may be due to
a problem with timeout:

    FAIL: tail-2/wait (exit: 1)
    ===========================
    timeout: warning: timer_create: Function not implemented
    tail: cannot open `not_here' for reading: No such file or directory
    tail: no files remaining

This one doesn't mention "timeout" explicitly,
but the test does use it.  Since that systems lacks
a version of diff, we get far-less-useful cmp output
in case of a failure like this:

    FAIL: ls/infloop (exit: 1)
    err exp-err differ: char 1, line 1

Bruno, if you ever run these tests again, would you consider
installing diff first, and maybe run the tests with a better
shell in your path?

Currently, it looks like I have easy access only to OpenBSD 4.7.
I'll see if I can reproduce any of these there.