Re: ready for release of coreutils-8.11?

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: ready for release of coreutils-8.11?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:55:33 +0100

On 13/04/11 02:05, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 4/12/11 7:08 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>> Right. However, we'd like to verify that holes
>> are being propagated from source to dest,
>> and a fiemap list is the only way I know to test that.
>
> But unfortunately the filesystem is not actually required to put a hole
> anywhere...

Sure I understand that, but we've not seen that yet in our tests.
It would be kinda interesting to verify this possibility too :)
So I'll leave the somewhat fragile test in place for now
and we can change it to a dev only test in future if it causes issues.

I'll apply the attached soon.

thanks a lot for the feedback!
Pádraig.