Re: ready for release of coreutils-8.11?

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: ready for release of coreutils-8.11?
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 00:37:04 +0100

On 08/04/11 18:26, Jim Meyering wrote:
> We have a large array of fixes/changes so far.  NEWS below.
> Is there anything pending that others would like to see in 8.11?

One thing I'm worried about is fiemap with compressed file systems.
I'm unsure that the extent length refers to the length of
the unencoded data. That's what I would expect so that
user space is abstracted from encoding details and so
we know how much to read to fully process an extent.

I've not got a new BTRFS kernel readily available at present
to do a quick test. I'll try to text tomorrow night.

Otherwise, nothing else outstanding.

cheers,
Pádraig