Re: [coreutils] Coreutils Solaris extensions

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [coreutils] Coreutils Solaris extensions
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:51:56 +0200

John Sonnenschein wrote:
> We are considering extending some of the utilities in GNU Coreutils to
> provide support for some of the newer Solaris features.  We would like
> to discuss if you'd consider accepting these additions upstream.  If
> that is possible, we'd like to get your guidance on about how best to
> achieve that goal.
>
> As an example, we could add NFSv4 ACL support to Coreutils which would
> benefit all platforms that support NFSv4 or ZFS (eg, FreeBSD), not
> just Solaris.

Proposals for improvement are always welcome.
Before you get too far into it, please present your high-level
goals on this list.

Here are some general guidelines:
  http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/HACKING
In particular, see the "Copyright" section.
Depending on where you end up contributing, you may
need to fill out paperwork for both coreutils and gnulib.