coposys-dev

[Coposys-dev] Scottish padlock

From: Sandy Drake
Subject: [Coposys-dev] Scottish padlock
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 01:18:37 +0800

There was no question about my beingup against it, and a promise is a promise.
Up he came, but at anangle that took him still further from the ship. Next followed the two wads of waste,and they also were rammed well home. Very hearty and very blunt, he held out his handto say good-bye. If you were andunluckily got a crack on the head, you simply fell off, and the trainpassed on.
In a very nasal voice he informed me he was the Mate. I soon fell into things and became frightfully keen at my job. There was no question about my beingup against it, and a promise is a promise. Well, says my bucco, of the collarless flannel shirt, I guess, inthis ship, we find our own cabins. Arriving atTilbury Dock, I asked a porter wearily where the Knight boat was lying.
The white men studiously kept on talking, and so managed to keepthe others in their seats. An hour or so later I felt that horrible and unmistakable feeling of aship pooping.
But it was the WhiteStar Line, the summit, at that time, of my ambitions. They were made of just rough hewn timber.
Anything their childlike minds cantgrasp, its Oh, Massa, he be Ju-ju too much. Wepicked him up, and some of the more prominent thorns out, and continuedthe race. Perhapsthat was why I was so successful in making such long stretches withoutbeing thrown off! All I wanted was to get my head down, and forgetI was alive.
The white men studiously kept on talking, and so managed to keepthe others in their seats.
It was not long before I was on board ship, and in my own element again. His reply was, When are you going to turn to? I had allowed three minutes for this operation.
Just let them know you are some sort of achap.
Very hearty and very blunt, he held out his handto say good-bye. Thefirst chap to put a spoonful in his mouth just went up like a rocket.
What a lark, he blurted out, to fire that gun somenight.
Right, said I, myone anxiety being to get to my cabin, and try to forget this damnablefever. Thefirst chap to put a spoonful in his mouth just went up like a rocket. This time he asserted,a little more forcibly, that he WAS the Mate.
He is nota tramp, as is generally known at home. I did, and rambled off toAustralia with slightly less than half an outfit. Theres a barrel on a stump, where youturn off for somewhere else.
I told him I was carrying a form, and that, furthermore he had sent mefor it.