construo-devel

[Construo-devel] [bug #4571] Drag&Drop slower than expected

From: nobody
Subject: [Construo-devel] [bug #4571] Drag&Drop slower than expected
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:26:27 -0400

=================== BUG #4571: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4571&group_id=644

Submitted by: grumbel                 Project: Construo
Submitted on: Fri 08/01/03 at 15:26
Category:  X11 Display Engine         Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  Incorrect Behaviour       Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open
Release:  0.2.2                       Planned Release:  None

Original Submission:  Still not 100% sure what you mean, but here is what I
could reproduce, if I create a huge model (5000 particles, 10000 springs) the
drawing itself is still at around 12fps, insertion of new particle is also
fine, zoom is also ok, but what is causing problem is drag&drop with both the
collider and the selection tool. The collider tool takes a second or so before
the drag starts, the drag itself is ok, but the gab until it starts is to long.
Similar with the select tool, creating the selection itself is still perfectly
responsible, but drag&droping the selection, gets done at a rate much lower
than the fps and especially the start of the drag takes quite a few seconds.
Anyway, this isn't a problem under my setup, since the simulation run itself
gets already down to 1fps with that huge models, making these huge models
simply unusable, couldn't reproduce anything like that with models that still
'run' at a useable speed.

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached