cons-discuss

Re: Library installation issue

From: Bob Sidebotham
Subject: Re: Library installation issue
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:44:48 -0800 (PST)

--- Eric Krohn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bob, since you wrote cons originally, that is a significant
> parenthetical comment.  Do you mind sharing with us what you
> do use and why?

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to be obtuse. I just haven't been involved
with any software development for a while. At the risk of improperly
using this forum, I will add that I would like some work, so if anyone
knows of a place near Vancouver, BC that might be interested in hiring
me, I'd appreciate any leads. Alternatively, if someone wants to hire
me for some remote work, I'm also open to that.

I will re-emphasize that Cons works well. SCons is better supported,
moving forward, and developed by a team who are really interested in
creating a maintainable system. Not that I'm not interested in the
same, but Cons was really a prototype, and SCons is more like a
product.

Anyway, if anyone does have any suggestions for me, I would greatly
appreciate them.

Thanks,
Bob