cons-discuss

Dependancy checking failure

From: Aaron Bingham
Subject: Dependancy checking failure
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 21:50:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We have been using Cons happily for months, but I ran into a nasty problem
today.  Cons can not handle the case were a directory in CPPPATH has the
same basename (last component of the path) as a #included file.

For example, in our app we have /path-to-3rd-party-package/include/string in
CPPPATH, and some other code #includes the standard C++ header <string>.
Cons stops with following error message:

cons.pl: you have attempted to use path
"/path-to-3rd-party-package/include/string" both as a file and as a directory!

Are there any known fixes or work-arounds?  I couldn't find anything
through google.

--
Aaron Bingham, Komodo Developer, ActiveState

New! ASPN - ActiveState Programmer Network
Essential programming tools and information
http://www.ActiveState.com/ASPN