confuse-devel

Re: [Confuse-devel] C++ and deprecated conversion from stri ng constant

From: Oscar Koeroo
Subject: Re: [Confuse-devel] C++ and deprecated conversion from stri ng constant to ‘char*’
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:32:55 +0200

Hi Craig,

I had the same exact issue. I solved it by making a local patch, but I would love to see this upstream.

Oscar

Craig McQueen <address@hidden> schreef:
I'm using libconfuse from a C++ program. It works okay, however for every config option specified with CFG_STR(), CFG_INT(), etc, I get a C++ compiler warning:

warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

It seems that this is because struct cfg_opt field name is 'char *' rather than 'const char *', and typical usage is to provide it a const string e.g.

CFG_STR("log-config", "log.conf", CFGF_NONE),

So, would it be possible for struct cfg_opt field name to become 'const char *'?

Regards,
Craig McQueen

Confuse-devel mailing list
address@hidden