confuse-devel

[Confuse-devel] Adding a section programmatically?

From: Kelan Champagne
Subject: [Confuse-devel] Adding a section programmatically?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:07:28 -0800

Hi-

I'm just started using libConfuse, and am liking it so far.  However, I have run into 1 issue.

I'd like to be able to read in a config file, add a section (programmatically), and then write the config info back out to the file (with the newly-added section).  But, I don't see a way to do that right now (unless I'm missing something).

Specifically, I was expecting something like cfg_setsec(), but couldn't find anything like that.  I was able to add that function myself (by following the example of the other cfg_set*() functions -- so I actually added cfg_setsec(), cfg_setnsec(), and cfg_opt_setnsec()), but my implementation only works when adding a single section.  If you try to to pass an index aside from 0, it hits the assert at the top of cfg_opt_getval(), because my repeatable section has the CFGF_MULTI flag set (which applies to sections only) and not the CFGF_LIST flag, which that assert is expecting.

I attached my patch (based on the v2.7 downloadable source).

Can anyone provide some insight on how it might be possible to extend this to support multiple sections?

Thanks,
-Kelan