confuse-devel

[Confuse-devel] Problem with CFGF_NOCASE and section titles & overwritin

From: James Haley
Subject: [Confuse-devel] Problem with CFGF_NOCASE and section titles & overwriting
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:14:26 -0500

It appears that the case insensitivity option doesn't work properly with section overwriting.

I have given the "thingtype" section in my main array of cfg_opt_t's the CFGF_NOCASE flag. However, if I define a thingtype section with the name Zombieman, and another with the name zombieMan, my processing code bombs out complaining about a duplicate "DeHackEd number" for the "new" thing zombieMan, indicating that libConfuse did *not* overwrite the original Zombieman section with the new values.

I believe this may be because libConfuse is checking the wrong structure's flags when it looks for the CFGF_NOCASE flag in the "check if this section already exists" part of the code. However, I'm not certain, and I don't know how to fix it myself. Please let me know as soon as you can determine what the problem is, since this feature is really critical for my users. Thanks ^_^

James Haley

Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental