cogitatio-interface

[Cogitatio-interface] lunchtime emergence

From: Pete Daniels
Subject: [Cogitatio-interface] lunchtime emergence
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:55:30 +0200

Could you imagine having a real, honest-to-gosh Cafe au Play .
We're only one family, with only one car off the road. One day last week I liveblogged two earnings calls back-to-back and afterward I went straight to the backyard, and laid down on my back and let the boys climb over me while I thought about knitting.
Let's just say we missed the bus.
It will be my "fun" bike, a foil for my serious shredder of a mountain bike. Straight to the comic book store we'd passed a half-block away.
I learned to knit in the summer, and every summer, knitting carries me away.
And as I rode to Trader Joe's last night for bread and bananas, I thought. My family has been on its low-car diet for two weeks, officially, and nearly six weeks, unofficially.
"You're only allowed to IM me if you have something nice to say.
Licklick likes to swim, it turns out, but then he gets all fuzzy!
It will be my "fun" bike, a foil for my serious shredder of a mountain bike. If you can't tell, I'm currently infatuated with cables, and I wanted something to make with the gorgeous candy-striped yarn Kim spun. I've been riding a lot thanks to the low car diet my family is still on, and Saturday night was no exception.
I'm a glutton for missed deadlines and crafty kitschy fun.
There are four partially-finished sweaters.
Then I remember: hey! Well, I'm afraid even to look at it, myself, because it will only prove how ridiculously behind schedule I am.
I peek into houses, I inhale the scent of undiscovered residential gardens. My family has converted to the low-car lifestyle. But hopefully some of you will read this, or see us on the BBC, and be inspired to make a change yourselves. She thinks on her feet! We can't just jump in the car and end up at Target, where we'll find that toy for Everett, and the new bathing suit for me, that we can't possibly do without. Straight to the comic book store we'd passed a half-block away. There's kitty coming in the window, right over the pinwheel blankie Larissa made for Truman. Four times down and back, a couple of tries at breastfeeding, and I was ready to expand my boundaries. But the blanket took over my imagination and suddenly I was making strip after strip after strip. My form hadn't even been downloaded from the website yet. And Robert Scoble, man, is quite the happy fellow.
Turns out: my partner was Larissa, whose fault it was that I signed up for the swap in the first place, and the deadline was: passed.
I was tired, jetlagged, exhausted and Jonathan was at work. And we went to the kick-off event at Pioneer Square today and oh, was I right! There was no lack of communication, no hesitance.
I've been thinking about this for a long time so I'm going to bold it. Hopefully no one buys this fashionable lady until after I pick up my entries from the fair. and recognize Truman! What's more, as I was getting my entries together to head to meet Larissa, Everett came running.