cogitatio-interface

[Cogitatio-interface] cheerful tramp

From: Theobald Sinclair
Subject: [Cogitatio-interface] cheerful tramp
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:27:39 +0300

Lady Beveridge suffered, going in the narrow doorway into therather ugly flat.
This anger reddened hereyes and shattered her nerves. Lady Daphne was sitting by the electric fire inthe small yellow drawing-room, talking to a visitor. I am glad they have not forgotten my horse.
A sudden darkness blots out the walls of the room as they allspring to their feet in consternation. Never was anything more dull and bitter than Daphnes affirmativeof hope. Thepitch-black look in the Counts wide eyes puzzled her. Whatluck have you had since you burned me?
Remember what HAS been before, even inEurope.
A vision of the statue before Rheims Cathedral appears.
Why could it not all be just clean disaster, and have done with it? It was Count Johann Dionys Psanek, a Bohemian. I say tothem, If you only saw what you think about you would think quitedifferently about it.
Well, you see, I did a very cruel thing once becauseI did not know what cruelty was like.
She had as good a right to across as they had; and they had dozens of them. I would not mind if they buried me alive, if it were very deep, anddark, and the earth heavy above. Why could it not all be just clean disaster, and have done with it? Her hair was soft and heavy,of a lovely pallid gold colour, ash-blond. I wrote a fineletter to set you right at the new trial.
He was a bit like a monkey, buthe had his points.
Rather better, came the resentful answer.
Her long, pale, rather worn face, and her nervous littlegestures somehow inspired confidence. Though men destroyed my body, yet in my soul I have seenGod.