clustersim

[Clustersim] Merging

From: John Michael Schneiderman
Subject: [Clustersim] Merging
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:08:37 -0500

I have added the Monte Carlo simulation to the the new branch. The
documentation for all the classes will be done by tomorrow night. So, FYI if
you're working on the CVS right now, I would wait it will be less
frustrating. The documentation will also be posted on our website.
        Also, I have changed the way the atom class works. I created a
co-ordinate
class for the positions, velocities and accelerations. All of the other
classes use this class as well when dealing with anything that has an x, y,
and z. Later on we can make them inline methods so that there isn't a speed
hit while using it. Using this class has simplified many of the complex
operations that were being done in the simulations, as we can now modify all
three values with one line instead of multiple lines. So, where the classes
use to have to written as:
        object.x = object.x + 5;
        object.y = object.y + 5;
        object.z = object.z + 5;
can now be written as:
        object = object + 5;
I have implemented all of the usual methods for easy operational use.
        Also there is a new sample file on the CVS for providing a user with a
template for creating their own files for running multiple runs in series.
It's also based on the the confParser class, since one way to look at a
providing a file as another way of saying you are providing a series of
defaults for runs.

        If there are any questions, please post them to clustersim mailing
list, and
not just to me, never know when someone else might have the same question.

John