classpathx-crypto

[Classpathx-crypto] DOS characters in shell scripts.

From: Olivier LF
Subject: [Classpathx-crypto] DOS characters in shell scripts.
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:46:21 +1000

Raif,

I have checkout the latest and noticed that all shell scripts and
Makefiles have the DOS end-of-line character sequence (with the extra
^M).

As a result, all the gcj tool chain was broken on Unix!
I have fixed all the files under crypto/gcj and also changed few
exe permissions for the shell scripts.
For some of the files I had to remove them from CVS altogether and re-import.

It should be working again now.
Next time you checkout, I recommend to remove the gcj directory and
checkout a fresh copy. Some CVS clients don't pick up the difference
between Unix and DOS ending and fail to update files correspondingly.

It is VERY important that all shell scripts and Makefiles use the Unix
ending otherwise they won't work under Unix platforms (only Cygwin
quietly filters the extra ^M)..

In fact, it would propably be better if ALL the source code had the Unix
ending, as the Primary target of the gnu project is GNU / Unix systems
rather than Windows platforms.

Olivier

PS: I'll start working on the JUnit test harness for GCJ soonish.

Olivier Louchart-Fletcher
Email: address@hidden