classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] TestOfSerpent

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] TestOfSerpent
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:42:10 -0700 (PDT)

Raif S. Naffah wrote:

> > This version comes from a test suite that tests all known-answer and all
> > monte carlo tests -- which seemed a bit excessive. It is available at:
> >
> >     http://www.metastatic.org/src/serpent-test-full.tar.gz
> >
> > It is 117 kilobytes compressed, and is slow.
>
> is this the inverse of the NistKAT and NistMCT (in gnu.crypto.tools) tools?

After a fashion, yes.

> since we will be using code from these tools for the test cases, should
> we look into re-factoring that code to improve code re-usability across
> the library?

It did not even occur to me to use that code; I like this idea, however
--- one could envision a point where writing a full-conformance test for
a particular algorithm would amount to simply including the appropriate
test vectors and pointing the program at them. It seems smarter than
keeping large, static String arrays.

--
Casey Marshall < address@hidden > http://metastatic.org/